New Members Information
You need to do all of the following in the first few weeks of joining the team
- Watch the official What is FIRST video.
- Watch the official What is FRC video from the FIRST organisation.
- Visit the team's website.
- Read the Team Handbook.
- Visit the team's YouTube channel.
- Visit the team's Facebook page.
- Subscribe to the team's Google Calendar.
- Visit the international FIRST forums at Chief Delphi.
- Talk to the memberships mentor (Andreas Heintze):
- Get your parents added to the team's parents email list.
- Get a @thedropbears.org.au email account — team correspondence will arrive here.
- Get sent an electronic copy of the membership paperwork.
- Choose a Section that you would like to work in. Talk to your Section Leader:
- Give your Section Leader your email address and phone number.
- Get the email address and phone number of your Section Leader. They are your first contact for everything - not just technical stuff. Ask them first!
- Fill in and return your paperwork:
- Signed copy of parental consent and code of conduct (scanned and emailed is okay).
- Electronic copy of forms to make admin easier.
- Pay your fees.
- Talk to the Safety Captain and get him/her to explain the Incident Reporting procedure.
- Read all the incident reports in the safety folder - learn from the mistakes of others!
- Buy a pair of non-tinted (i.e. clear) safety glasses. (These are light, cheap and comfortable from Bunnings).
- Fully enclosed shoes are required to enter the workshop.
- A laptop will be required during to be able to contribute. Please don't forget your chargers, mouse etc.
- Get your Section Leader to invite you to the team on Onshape.